10/31/2007

Let Me Take This Time to Overhype the Upcoming #1 vs #2 Matchup

Admit it, you were surprised I didn't mention the 8-0 Patriots vs. the 7-0 Colts in my Power Rankings. I was. I got done and said, "how did i manage that?" Well guess what? I'm gonna try again. I want to preview for you some of the upcoming NFL games and my picks, and I'm not even going to mention the Pats/Colts game after this paragraph. I'll save that for later...

So here are a few games worth mentioning that I may have picked different than you or the experts and my explanation as to why I think a certain team will win.

I'll start with GREEN BAY @ KANSAS CITY
Kansas City is doing very OK this season. They are 4-3 and tied for first in their division. But the Chargers are lighting up the board lately and the Chiefs should fall to 2nd soon enough. And if they do, they are in jeopardy of losing their wildcard to the likes of Baltimore, Jacksonville, or Tennessee. So in reality, the next few weeks are must-wins for the Chiefs. But...the Packers come in to town, led by a 28 38 year old Brett Favre. They are 6-1 and vying(I love that word) for the lead in the NFC. The only team Favre has never beaten is the Chiefs and he'll look to become just the 3rd active QB to defeat all 31 opponents(after Peyton Manning and Tom Brady).
Final Say: The Chiefs are tough to beat at home but the Packers look unstoppable. I've gotta go with my PACKERS on this one.

DENVER @ DETROIT
I like this game. Denver is really struggling and looking really bad. But they could have easily won last week. And they are still only 1 game back in their division. The Lions are looking good, honestly. But I thought the same thing right before they got crushed by Philly, and again by Washington. If there is another game that the Lions could implode in, it is this one. The Broncos on the other hand, have never won a game by more than an Elam field goal.
Final Say: Lions are at home coming off a solid road victory. LIONS (by more than a Hanson field goal).

CAROLINA @ TENNESSEE
Just wanted to throw this out there: Carolina is 0-3 at home and 4-0 on the road. But Tennessee is really good right now.
Final Say: TENNESSEE. Carolina can't expect to win everything on the road.

JACKSONVILLE @ NEW ORLEANS
This should be an interesting game. Jacksonville is 5-2 and the Saints are 3-4 but making a huge surge in the standings. It's really a tossup with the Saints being the favorites here.
Final Say: JACKSONVILLE comes marching in and wins. But it's close.

CINCINNATI @ BUFFALO
Which team is worse? Right now? Gosh I don't even know.
Final Say: Cincinnati's favored to win? Then I'm taking BUFFALO.

SEATTLE @ CLEVELAND
Cleveland is fun to watch. And Seattle is really doing poor lately. But they've had a bye to regenerate and Branch and Hackett should be back.
Final Say: Cleveland will make it a high scoring game, but Seattle should be able to throw all over them. SEATTLE in a shootout.

BALTIMORE @ PITTSBURGH
Baltimore is 4-3...against no winning teams. Pittsburgh is 5-2.
Final Say: PITTSBURGH. But it won't be as exciting as last weeks MNF.

Other Picks:
@TAMPA BAY over Arizona
SAN DIEGO over @Minnesota
SAN FRANCISCO over @Atlanta
WASHINGTON over @NY Jets
HOUSTON over @Oakland
DALLAS over @Philly
Last week: 13-0
Season: 85-31

I knew I could do it!


Tomorrow: INSIDE SCOOP - The REAL reason "RomoWood" split up

No comments: