10/29/2007

Celtics Petiton to Broadcast Games on FOX

As the Patriots wrapped up their 52-7 slaughter of the Redskins, (this is nothing new, google "Wounded Knee") I began to wonder how a team facing their toughest defense yet, managed to put up the most points in team history since 1984. Then about an hour later, on the same channel, pre-game for the Red Sox/Rockies World Series Game 4 began. As I looked back on the recent games broadcast on FOX, I noticed that not only was it the first time this season that the Patriots played on FOX, but also the historic comeback by the Red Sox over the Indians, as well, aired on FOX. And not only did the Patriots outscore their opponent by 45 points, but the Red Sox outscored the Indians and Rockies by 36 points in their 11 games on FOX. In fact in the Red Sox final 7 games, they outscored opponents 59-15, a difference of 44 points, nearly unheard of in baseball.

As this recent "trend" became apparent to me, I realized that the Red Sox and the Patriots are not Boston's only good teams in sports. Earlier this year, the Boston Celtics made a trades to bring in Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen. Those two, combined with Paul Pierce, make one of the strongest offensive "Big Three's" in the NBA. I checked in with my insider in Boston and he indeed confirmed the fact that the Celtics want to broadcast on FOX.

According to the source, Celtics GM Danny Ainge reports,
"It is obvious that Boston sports teams are unbeatable when they play games on FOX. The Celtics organization is currently researching ways to broadcast more of our games on FOX. This team is good. We are really excited to finally win some games this season. What we are hoping is that by putting more games on FOX, we will crush the competition. I don't think we can make the Finals, to be honest, if we don't get outside help from FOX. There's no way the Red Sox would have came back over the Indians if those games were on TBS. I'll say it now, if we get the majority of our games broadcast on FOX, we will win 70 games this year. Anyway, we're really excited about this season. I can't emphasize that enough."

So there you have it. The Boston Celtics are doing everything in their power to broadcast games on FOX. Now I understand why you think your team is really good. But explain to me the comment about not thinking you can win the NBA Finals. I mean if you really have faith in your team, does it matter what channel your games are on?

According to Danny Ainge,
"Yes."

1 comment:

Dex said...

this is what it is all about baby! great article!