11/07/2007

Look for the Lions to Upset

After a promising 13-0 week in pick'em 2 weeks ago, I went 10-4 this last week. That's still pretty good except 3 of the 5 yahoo experts picked 11 or 12 games right and one of the others got 10 as well. This week though I'm not seeing too many upsets happening. Actually none at all. OK, technically I see a few, potentially.

DETROIT @ ARIZONA
Hold on. Arizona is 3-5 and they are favored to beat Detroit (6-2)? Something isn't right.
Last Word: If you can call this an upset, DETROIT better beat Arizona.

DENVER @ KANSAS CITY
This game is off the boards, so I can't exactly tell you if I'm picking an upset. There's no way Kansas City should be favored to lose to Denver.
Last Word: Denver sucks, I said it before. KANSAS CITY in an upset.

JACKSONVILLE @ TENNESSEE
This game also is off the board. But I'd guess Tennessee would get the call since they are the home team with the better record coming off a win. But Jacksonville is tough, never consider them out of a game.
Last Word: TENNESSEE in my third and final upset.

CINCINNATI @ BALTIMORE
The rest of my picks you should figure out since I said I wasn't picking any more upsets. But I'll still talk about a few. Cincinnati is looking really bad. But Baltimore looked like crap against Pittsburgh.
Last Word: BALTIMORE only beats bad teams and looks terrible against good teams. Cincy is a bad team.

DALLAS @ NY GIANTS
This is a game a lot of people think will be an upset. Dallas is barely favored to win and I think they'll keep rolling.
Last Word: DALLAS. Do you think they'll want the Packers to be the NFC's best team?

CLEVELAND @ PITTSBURGH
This looks like it should be an obvious choice. Pittsburgh duh, Cleveland sucks. But wait, the Browns are somehow 5-3. Since when could they win?
Last Word: PITTSBURGH is fast approaching the elite teams Patriots and Colts. They should fly through this game.

PHILADELPHIA @ WASHINGTON
Here's another game I think could go either way. Ironically, it also involves 2 NFC East teams. But the Eagles are almost considering starting Kevin Kolb.
Last Word: If the Eagles want to give up on themselves, I'll follow suit and pick WASHINGTON.

Other games:
@GREEN BAY over Minnesota
@CAROLINA over Atlanta
BUFFALO over @Miami
@NEW ORLEANS over St. Louis
CHICAGO over @Oakland
INDIANAPOLIS over @San Diego
@SEATTLE over San Francisco
Last week: 10-4
Season: 95-35 (73%)

Whoops, I lied. In my fourth upset of the week, I'm NOT picking NEW ENGLAND to win. Listen, it may be the only week all season the Patriots don't win. Actually, now that I think about it, Belichick might contrive a way to get a win. So in reality, it kind of is an upset...

No comments: